Transcript of Interview of Jeffrey Rosen by Daniel Sabbagh
Interview Transcript / April 2010 / Available in French and in English
This is the transcript of a video interview between Jeffrey Rosen, professor of law at George Washington University, and Daniel Sabbagh, Senior Research Fellow at CERI – Sciences Po and scientific advisor to the Equality of Opportunity Program. This conversation was part of a series of interviews produced by the French-American Foundation between Daniel Sabbagh and five American experts on the theme of equal opportunity.
- The following themes were discussed:
- The Political Role of the U.S. Supreme Court
- The Case Law on Affirmative Action in Public Contracting
- The Case Law on Affirmative Action in Higher Education
- Disparate Treatment and Disparate Impact in Employment Discrimination
- Toward a Unified Legal Affirmative Action Regime?
- Toward the End of Affirmative Action?
- School Desegregation After the Parents Involved in Community Schools vs. Seattle School District No. 1 Decision
- Improving the Effectiveness of Antidiscrimination Law and Policies
Video excerpts from the interview are on view here in the Video Library.EducationEmploymentHistorical FrameworkLegal FrameworkPolicy