Transcript of Interview of Gwénaële Calvès by Daniel Sabbagh
Interview Transcript / January 2010 / Available in French and in English
This is the transcript of a video interview between Gwénaële Calvès, professor of law at Université de Cergy-Pontoise, and Daniel Sabbagh, Senior Research Fellow at CERI – Sciences Po and scientific advisor to the Equality of Opportunity Program. This conversation was part of a series of interviews produced by the French-American Foundation between Daniel Sabbagh and five French experts on the theme of equal opportunity.
The following themes were discussed:
- The Case Against "Statistiques Ethniques"
- "Statistiques Ethniques" and Indirect Discrimination
- The European Dimension of Antidiscrimination Law
- Differences in Procedures and Domains Within Antidiscrimination Law
- Antidiscrimination and the Promotion of "Diversity"
- The Connection Between Discrimination and the Immigration Debate?
- What France Can't Learn from America
Video excerpts from the interview are on view here in the Video Library.Ethno-racial StatisticsHistorical FrameworkLegal FrameworkPolicy